How we came to be
The Southside Church of Christ in Rogers, Arkansas, has a heritage of loving and serving individuals and families in NW Arkansas. After much thought and prayer and discussion, the Southside leadership felt called to plant a new congregation that would continue to model love for God and love for people. After a considerable time of searching, touring facilities, and much prayer, a building was chosen on the southwest side of Bentonville to be the home of the Flagstone Church of Christ.
Because of the grace of Jesus Christ, the Flagstone family exists to reach out, connect, and serve.
- We will be a church that reaches out.
- We will above all things reach out to God in order to know Him more deeply, for we realize that He is constantly reaching out to us. (Acts 17:27)
- We will reach out to those who have no relationship with God in order to bring them to Him. (John 1:41-42; 2 Corinthians 4:4-7)
- We will reach out to those who have become disconnected from God or from His church in order to help them connect to His body once again. (Luke 15:10; Hebrews 10:24-25)
- We will be a church that connects.
- We will seek a deeper connection with God in our own personal lives, in our worship together, and in our life together as a spiritual family. (Ephesians 1:18-19; 4:15)
- We will seek to connect those in our communities who have no connection to the body of Christ to our spiritual family, in order to help meet their needs for belonging and purpose. (John 10:16; 17:20-21)
- We will seek to connect members of our spiritual family together in deeper relationships with each other. (1 Corinthians 12:22-26; Ephesians 4:16)
- We will be a church that serves.
- We will serve our God faithfully – not to merit His favor, but because that is what He designed us to do. (Romans 12:1; Ephesians 2:8-10; Hebrews 9:14)
- We will serve our community and the world and strive to meet the needs of those who don’t know God. (1 Corinthians 10:24; Galatians 6:10; 1 Peter 2:16)
- We will serve our spiritual family and strive to put each other’s needs above our own. (Romans 12:9-13; Philippians 2:1-4)
For more information visit our website at http://www.flagstonecoc.org/